Friday, July 27, 2007

Yet Another Lesson From Corporate

The best sentence I heard all day:

"I'll see ya tonight, babe."
I'm as giddy as a 9 year old girl that received her first 'I like you do you like me?' note. I thought today would go by slow because I would want to get out of here so bad, but it really hasn't. Before my lunch break, the only thing I did was check and recheck an analysis that I had been working on and off on for about a month. When I was sure that everything on my end was correct, I brought it to a supervisor to re-recheck it with me because I was sick of the saleswoman hounding me. Tangent: I'm pretty sure if she had my cell phone number she would call me more than my mother does.
After my supervisor and I come to the conclusion that it was not my work that was wrong, it was in fact the files that the saleswoman had sent me that were incorrect. Together, we talked to her on speakerphone and explained what was wrong. After realizing that it wasn't a mistake on our end, she chose not to apologize, but to say, "Oh, well you learn something new everyday." That was the fourth time in about a week and a half that I have been harshly directly/indirectly accused of messing something up, when in fact it was the accuser that messed something up. None of them apologized. At this point I am apathetic to the whole process. If you want to send me a harsh email, then BRING IT ON! [some of you are probably thinking, "Well, Kirsten Dunst, it's already been BROUGHTEN!" and to you I say, touché.]
Next Wednesday is my last day here. I thought I would be sad, but I am ready to leave. These last two weeks of salesmen berating me have prepared me for my exit. On my last day, my supervisor wants to take our group out for drinks (starting at 2:30, sure!). Yesterday, I realized that attending this fiesta is my boss's order and therefore I should be on the clock while at the restaurant. If not, then I would say, F that Jazz I'll stay at my desk until 5:00 so I can get a full day's pay. I went back and forth with this with my sister until she backed me up, which is really what I needed. Today I was backed up even further by one of my other supervisors who had the following conversation with me:
Him [stopping by my desk at about 3:00]- Alright, I'm out of here for the weekend. Is there anything you need before I go?
Me [quickly minimizing the window to the blog that I was reading]- Yeah, the correct files for all the requests.
Him- I doubt anybody will get you those tonight. It's Friday, nobody works this late [Reminder: it's 3:00 pm!], you should just go home. Oh wait, you have to clock out, don't you?
Me [just remembering that I forgot to clock in after my lunch break]- Yes, us temps have to use the time clock.
Him [in all seriousness]- You live close, just go home and come back to clock out in a couple of hours.
I had not comment after that. Bottom line: I will be getting paid to have drinks on the company dollar next Wednesday. Hooray for me.
P.S. Did I mention I get to see Loverboy all weekend?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEY!!! I hope your weekend ROCKS!!!

Bee said...

R U sure you're not my sister?
Have a great weekend or maybe I should say hope you had a great weekend...?

DeLi said...

sometime 7 years ago, this is a kind of story that i can really say was mine..almost the same.. and aint it good that there is a loverboy to meet and share :)

Anonymous said...

Here is a link I'd suggest you look at on Monday, So that you can create art to leave on your desk when you leave on Wednesday:

http://bentobjects.blogspot.com
/2007/07/nature-of-office-supplies
-in-jungles-of.html