Monday, July 16, 2007

Hooray for Home!

I am surprised that I am still functioning. I would like to thank the Red Bull I drank at 9:30 this morning and the Mountain Dew I am drinking right now for helping me get through this day. I visited Loverboy this weekend. It was our last planned visit. It was the first good-bye we have ever had say in which we could not add a "see you _____". There is a chance I could see him in a couple of weeks. It is the weekend before I move. He is going to his parents to attend the Summer Beerfest with them. I was invited, but I feel odd spending my last weekend in the Midwest somewhere other than my house. The problem is that I would be alone. My parents have plans to attend my mother's 30 year high school reunion and stay the night in her hometown. Would it be wrong of me to go to his parents? I think not only for the fact that I would be alone otherwise.

We had a much needed amazing weekend with each other. I enjoyed it so much that I did not let the fact that I had to sit in traffic for over 2 hours at the end of my ride home overshadow my happiness. I did, however, have a near panic attack at the end of the jam. It was past midnight and I had been practically parked between semi-trucks for 2 hours when I started to see the end of the blockage. As I looked forward and saw all of the other cars moving, I starting to feel nauseated. Then it was my turn to go. I felt my heart race even harder as I had to start hitting the gas. My body started to overheat so I turned up the AC and started taking long, controlled breaths. The feeling eventually passed, but now I am worried about the 12 hour drive to school in August. I don't know what made me feel that way. I have sat in traffic before and never have I felt that way. The only conclusion I can come up with is that I was literally homesick. Luckily, I am taking it easy this weekend and just going to my grandmother's. That will be a quick drive over the hills and through the woods. Piece of cake.

2 comments:

Pokey Puppy said...

Oh arent those visits nice! I dont think it would be bad of you at all to go to his moms... After all you dont want to be alone and when is the next time you will see them either.. and any chance to see lovewr boy is good ;-)

P.S. Thanks for the comment hope you come back soon

Anonymous said...

guh. Anxiety attacks suck! I used to have no problem driving in traffic but sometimes out of no where just driving on I80 will throw me into one. Seeing you have such a long drive I would HIGHLY reccomend listening to 'Outlander' series by Diana Gambeldon. It's a KICK arse listen. I'm in book two now and totally addicted :-) I have found (as has mom) that books really help long drives.

xoxo