Monday, July 9, 2007

I did not get home until 11:30 last night. Mark another weekend at Loverboy's parents' off my list. I enjoy going there so much that I loathe even thinking about leaving. I am happy to be home, though. His parents had a super-party this weekend. A three day bash to celebrate his graduation from college, his sister #1's graduation from high school, sister #2's birthday and their 25th anniversary. It was insane to say the least. The house was packed to the brim. I was the luckiest because I got to sleep with 8 boys at one time. By lucky, I mean I got to sleep on a popped air mattress in the unfinished basement with my boyfriend and his 7 wasted friends. Implied in that sentence: I was serenaded with farts and snores from 7 guys.

I had a great time this weekend. I met Loverboy's extended family, found out that his sisters really do like me, rekindled friendships with his friends, received a 24-pack of Red Bull, acquired a following of 5 high school girls, and got an awesome tan. I could not have asked for more. However, I could have asked for less...psycho girlfriend made an appearance late Saturday night. Apparently, mind you this is complete hearsay from Loverboy, she got pissed after a drunken (and I mean drunken) tryst with Loverboy went awry. His story was backed up the next day when I found an empty condom wrapper (from the House of Blues... we've got nothing but class) in my purse. After the initial pissed off state of mind, Psycho switched gears to become the biggest Debbie Downer and decided to cuddle/bawl her eyes out/cause her boyfriend to cry/forget what the hell was going on with Loverboy in the back of his parents' Ford Escape. It turned out to be a great couple of hours. How do I know? I'll tell you...it got to the point that Loverboy thought it would be a good idea to wake his parents up and ask if I could sleep with them. I still don't understand why he thought that was a good idea. The result was me and his mom sitting on a love seat in their room talking about how much I love Loverboy while him and his dad stood behind us rubbing our shoulders. I eventually calmed down so he put me to sleep in the dungeon. The next morning I woke up with a terrible headache, not from drinking for the past two days straight, but from crying so hard the night before. In addition to the headache, I developed a fear of running into his parents after I recalled waking them up the night before. I had not idea what their reaction to me would be and for most of the day, I did not want to know.

After spending most of the day floating on the lake with Loverboy and my entourage of high school girls, it was time to go. Loverboy passed out while I finished packing my things. While walking to my car with my things, his mom lurked around the corner and caught me alone. She gently asked me how I was feeling. I told her I was embarrassed and she cut me off, walked across the room to me and gave me a bear hug. She told me I could talk to/call/cry to her anytime.

It felt good.

No comments: