Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Are the 50s Making a Comeback???

One of my duties here at Joe Corporate is to check my department's group email box. Yesterday, we received an email from a salesman that I have completed/sent numerous analyses to and at the end of each email I send him I put my name, The Gypsy Queen. It is an extremely female name as is the department supervisor's. Our department is known as Lisa's Group, named after our supervisor. Why, oh why, would the email sent to our group mailbox from the guy that has corresponded to both Lisa and The Gypsy Queen, start with:

Dear Sirs:

Blah blah blah. I am a chauvanist that thinks only males can work in logistics....???

I don't understand his thinking. Could somebody enlighten me? Did he not want me to complete his request this time? Have I failed him somehow in the past? Well Mr. Pig, I hate to break it to you, but I will be completing the analysis. Deal with it!!! Lisa suggested I sign the email

Love,
The Girls in Logistics

Her reasoning: I will only be here for 2 more weeks; it's not like she's going to fire me. I can do whatever I want. Then she went on a tangent about my ability to tell all of the people that this department despises off for her. What a wonderful boss...nay, a GREAT boss. After she spewed her evil ideas to me, I asked if I would be to come back during my winter break like she had requested. She said, "Oh of course! We would have to get you an alias, though."

So if you receive a nasty email from me in the next two weeks, I apologize in advance. My boss made me do it.

4 comments:

Bee said...

Um.. can we trade bosses? Please, please?
I am truly a hard worker... when I'm not spending time blogging of course!

Gypsy Queen said...

Bee believe me, there is plenty of time to blog here. Because of this job, I have decided to buy a personal computer. I have a newfound addiction to surfing the web.

Pokey Puppy said...

Oh dear.. what i wouldnt give for a job wher i could sit for a few minutes forget blog at work!! Sigh.. i need a new profesion

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO.

All I can say is...MEN! As mom says..they are that way 'cause they have a penis therefore their brains are hanging outside their bodies ;-)