Wednesday, January 23, 2008

SERENITY NOW!

My life has become pretty routine since I moved here. I wake up, shower, pack a lunch, get dressed then head out to school where I stay until my brain hurts. It's a pretty simple life in which I look forward to the little things.

It's 9:35 am and today's routine has already been tainted. To explain why, I must back up a little bit. As you probably know, my roommate has 2 cats. They are damn near the nastiest cats I have ever encountered and I am pretty sure they are the first of many that she will be spending the rest of her life with (that's a whole different story). They are the opposite of cuddly, they have coarse hair and they stink up the house with their stinky kitty poops. Just a warning, if the house doesn't smell like kitty poops then it probably smells like their nasty canned wet food because their mommy doesn't know how to properly dispose of the cans when she's done with them.

Anyway, during winter break I was away from the nasty cats and the stinky house for close to a month. It was glorious. When I returned home after the break, I went into my room to drop off my things and on my way I walked past MY bathroom and noticed the new addition...A KITTY LITTER BOX! I don't know what happened while I was away that facilitated the need for a second litter box in the house, but I was not the happiest when I saw it. I bit my tongue though. Who doesn't love to walk out of the shower onto bits of stray litter? It's a natural exfoliant, right?

Flash forward to this morning. After finally dragging myself out of bed, I grabbed my robe from the hook and groggily walked into the bathroom to tinkle and shower. As I reached the doorway BAM! the stink hit me in the face! I was awake! I looked down and to my surprise, one of the cats had left me a little fresh present on the bathmat. WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING A LITTER BOX IN THE ROOM IF IT IS NOT USED?!?! Although it was the gift that kept on giving, I was not happy.

I dealt with it though and continued to get ready for the rest of my day. After showering and eating breakfast, I started to pack my lunch. When my parents visited in September, they bought me this cute little lunchbox that has slots for ice packs. It's the perfect size to fit a sandwich, chips, a granola bar and my two Diet Cokes for the day. I made my sandwich, put the ice packs in the lunchbox then opened the fridge, reached into my Coke Zero with Cherry fridge pack only to find that it was empty! Not only did one of my roommates drink the last of my Diet Coke, she also felt the need to leave the empty box in the fridge as an extra slap in the face.

As I said, it's the little things in my life that I look forward to. I look forward to taking a shower in a kitty poop free environment. I like knowing that I don't have to pay double for a drink at the Coke machine.

Unfortunately, knowing me, I will not say anything to either of my roommates. I will not tell them how much they frustrate me. Instead, I will go to Kroger tonight and buy a 24-pack of Diet Coke that I will keep in my room and refrigerate as necessary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

**hugs**

Well, those mean little kitty poop stealth bombing, diet coke stealing roomies!

How Rude!

I suggest if it is your bathroom you simply remove litter box to the hallway until message received. Or place the soiled bathmat outside her bedroom door so that she is stealth bombed.

I've also heard a mouse trap in the soda box does wonder to prevent further thieving.

Just an idea ;)