Friday, January 25, 2008

I'd like to Introduce you to My New Friend

If you have spent more than say 5 hours with me, you might know that I am addicted to Red Bull. It's a habit I picked up while in undergrad. Several of my friends at the time were older than me and when we hung out at bars (ie restaurant bars that I could get into) while they drank beer and other fun drinks, I drank Red Bull on the rocks. At times I was so bad that I would drink up to 4 cans in one sitting. Now the company makes it much easier to become an addict with their 12 and 16 oz cans. I knew I had hit rock bottom when, as a graduation present, Loverboy's mother bought a 24-pack of Red Bull.

When I moved here, I had a fresh start. I slowly weened myself off RB by drinking something else caffeinated (ie Diet Coke). Having the word Diet in its name can be a little misleading. Just because it's a diet drink does not mean I should drink more of them, right? Tell my cravings that. I am now just as bad with the Diet Coke than I was with the RB. I never drank dark pop (yes, pop people, I'm from the Midwest, that's what it's called) before moving here, but now...I'm addicted.

I realized how bad I was after expressing my anger over my roomies taking the last of my cans. I am starting to think that it's not the drinks that I'm addicted to (although they are sooo tasty). I think it's the caffeine. If that's the case, I might as well drink coffee like most people. Today I made my first pot and it's actually pretty good*! This may the start of a new relationship. Coffee, I have to warn you, you have some pretty big shoes to fill.


*I apologize if my breath offends you. I have yet to figure out how to get the bad breath taste out of my mouth after a drink.

1 comment:

Pokey Puppy said...

hahaha.. you kill me. you are becoming a caffine junkie!! See what happens when you move away!