Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Man are my Hands Cold!

This morning while rushing out the door I realized that it was garbage day. With one roomie gone and the other still in bed, I realized that the only way the garbage/mountain of recycling would be collected was if I gathered everything and brought it out to the driveway. So, I loaded my backpack, purse, bag of extra books and lunchbox into my car (yes, I have to carry four bags around everyday. you may call me a bag lady if you must). Then I started my car to let it heat up. That's right folks, contrary to popular belief it gets chilly here. Then I ran back and forth from the house to the bins, from the house to the bins, from the house to the bins until I had all of the recyclables out of the house. Then I made three trips from the side of the house to the end of the driveway until everything was ready to be picked up.

What is the meaning of this you ask? Well, as I said it was chilly this morning and while I was wearing my cute, black and puffy winter jacket, my hands were cold. The entire time I was completing my chores I thought about this fabulous pair of knitted green fingerless gloves that I let slip away during the Christmas grab-bag game. I tried coaxing the winner of the gloves into trading with me after the game, but there was no convincing her.

Oh speaking of Christmas...did I mention that during our family party I found out that my aunt had been sending me the junk mail (that has been filling up my recycling bin) under the pseudonym Georgia Niecy? She just so happened to be the same aunt that knitted those gorgeous fingerless gloves. What a talented sneak.

I have to go get some lunch now. I have to end this early so I can put my winter jacket on. Luckily it has cozy pockets that I can use to warm my hands...because it's chilly.

*Is it apparent yet that I want some fingerless gloves a la Auntie D? Did I mention my birthday is a little over a month away? I know she knows my address. Correction: she knows Georgia Niecy's address.

2 comments:

Pokey Puppy said...

Just a note Georgia Cousiny... I totally told her she better get her but knitting when I read this. HOWEVER I probably should call her and tell her that she needs to get her HANDS knitting and not her but.But who knows.. with my mom they would probably be fantastic knitted from her but too!

Anonymous said...

Merry *very very belated* Christmas ;-) I'm sorry that I didn't see you when you were home :(

When Mamma told me she finally fessed up to the Georgia Niecy I giggled non-stop. I was on the phone with her the day she began that endeavor and I found it very hilarious :-D

Hoping all is well and miss you.
xoxo