Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where's Gloria Gaynor When You Need Her?

There are less than two weeks left of school...then finals week (blah!). In order to get myself through it I have allowed "I Will Survive" to play in the back of my head throughout the day. Luckily, I got through my presentation last week without any noticeable mistakes. Unfortunately, there were so many questions to be answered throughout the presentation that I did not get to finish. Thus, I have round 2 to look forward to tomorrow afternoon. On the upside, I have two other people working with me to get through this paper so I hopefully I can count on them to help field the questions from the audience.

I cried in a professor's office yesterday. It wasn't a hearty cry. It was a I'm so frustrated that my eyes fill up with tears and they drop down my face while I'm talking/listening to you type of cry. That happened at about 11 am so they pretty much set the tone for the rest of my day at school. In total, my eyes leaked out my body's frustrations five times yesterday (all of which occurred at school). In my defense one of the five times, I sort of laugh-cried. I was talking to one of the few other girls in the department and we started laughing about the fact that I couldn't stop them from coming. We also talked about our professors' goal of breaking us graduate students down to nothing so that we lose all confidence just so hopefully years from now we will truly know what we know. I think they are doing a great job of reaching their goal.

Enough about that. My life has not been totally upsetting these past few weeks. For instance, I have had great pleasure observing a pair of my mathlete peers that recently started dating. The girl is 20 and the guy is roughly 26. I guess you could say that they make a good couple since they both apparently give the BIGGEST most obnoxious looking hickeys I have ever seen [on a person's neck]. Oh how I love being surrounded by socially awkward people that reach their hickey stage in their early to mid 20s.

No comments: