Tuesday, April 22, 2008

If I Was Food What Would I Be...

Answer (from Loverboy): Kung Pao Chicken because you're hot!

If that's not pure romance ladies, then I don't know what is.

In other news, my dad visited me last night. He has a meeting today in the big city so he flew in a day early and drove here to take me to dinner. I am assuming most of you are familiar with how big my dad is...not huge, but you know what I mean. Anyway, you can imagine how humorous it was for me to watch him slowly walk up to my door trying to stretch the pain out of his legs from driving two hours in a brand new Mustang. I didn't have the heart to ask if he requested the itty-bitty sports car from the rental agency or if they pegged him as a middle-aged man looking to test drive a mid-life crisisesque car (yes I made that word up, but it works). Regardless, it was funny.

We had a nice daddy-daughter date. He took me to a New Orleans style restaurant (at which I had a side of collard greens, yummy; if you haven't tried them yet I suggest you do). We talked about my future, his future, and the rest of our family's. He also told me there is a rumor going around that my grandparents are heading back to the Midwest soon, which means that I might get to see them when I come home in a few weeks. Correction: I am leaving for home in exactly two weeks from today! Holy crap that's so soon (and yet not soon enough).

On that note, I guess I should probably be studying and slash or looking for a summer job. Know of a place that suits me....or that is hiring?

No comments: