Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm a Mommy!

Loverboy and I adopted our first baby last month. Her name is Stella. She's nearly a year old and full of life. Oh, and she is a dog. Our lives have been much different since we brought her home.

Up until we adopted her, Loverboy was "training" me to run my first 5K. We jogged pretty consistently for almost a month and I even bought new running shoes. Then, once we brought her home that trend quickly came to a halt. Since then, I have packed on a handful of pounds (i.e.5 pounds) because I continued to eat as if I was still working out. Now that Stella is calming down I started jogging again last week. Meanwhile, I started paying attention to my food and fluid intake. Diet Coke is fine, but the amount I was drinking was not. I kept myself hydrated, but not with water. Now I am drinking at least 1.5 liters a day, which is a huge change for me. My biggest weakness is ice cream. I love it so much that Loverboy bought me an ice cream maker for my birthday! I was up to almost 2 or 3 pints a week. It's been a week since I've had ice cream and believe me, that's pretty damn good!


Initially Loverboy insisted that Stella sleep in our bed with us. Needless to say that has put a HUGE damper on our alone time together so now that is used to sleeping with us we are trying to get her to sleep next to the bed.


Our conversations have taken a huge turn since we got her. It is mind boggling how often we talk about Stella's bowel movements. I bet you are all jealous now!


If you're not, then just look at these pictures of my little girl

No comments: