Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Grandmother Walks with God...jealous?

Loverboy left two days ago. It just hit me how sad that makes me. We had such a great time together that my joyous state lasted until just now...or I have been trying to keep myself as busy as possible so I could block all thoughts other than the task at hand.

Like I said, we had a great time. We went to a university football game (our first), walked around downtown, had library dates (we're sick, I know), kissed a bunch, held hands, slept in, and sat around together as if it was a normal occurrence. I am NOT enjoying this sitting around along thing. I need to carry a picture of him around with me so I can sit him next to me. I like glancing up everyone now and then and smiling at him.

His flight got in soooo much later than expected last Wednesday. We got home around 1:30 am. Of course, we could not fall asleep without some much needed kissing and cuddling so we didn't get to bed until extremely late [reminder: I like to go to bed around 10:30]. Kissing him felt so weird at first. It didn't feel normal until later in the afternoon of the next day. It was as if we had forgotten how. On top of forgetting what to do, I was nervous. I shouldn't have been, but I had put so much thought into what those kisses would be like and built it up so much in my head that there was no way I could meet my expectations. It turns out he was nervous too. How cute.

I am so proud of myself...I only teared up twice while he was here*. I cried the first night while we were in bed, but they were tears of joy. I looked up at him as he was holding me, right before we fell asleep, and I started crying because it felt so good to be with him again. I cried right before we left for the airport on Tuesday. I received a card from my grandmother that day and I saw it as we were walking out, and silly me, I decided to open it before we left. As I stood in the kitchen reading it aloud for Loverboy and Roomie R, I started sobbing like a basketcase. Honestly, who has cried from reading a card?!?!? This is what it said:

A Walk with God
I walked with God this morning,
at the dawn of a new day,
We walked and talked together
and laughed along the way.
I told Him all my hopes and dreams,
I knew He'd understand
and I felt my worries drift away
with my hand held in His hand.
He smiled and joyous sunshine
seemed to sparkle everywhere...
I walked with God this morning
through the miracle of prayer!
When you feel alone
with your burdens,
remember that God is with you
in every prayer.
I have received 22 years worth of Grandmother cards like the one above and not once did I shed a tear. I don't know of anybody else that has. The card was sent and received at the perfect moment. Usually we send and receive cards during holidays and birthdays so even though we spend time picking them out and thinking about the receiver, all meaning is lost after it's read. This card, however, was sent out of nowhere...it was special and it made me feel special. It wasn't a card sent out to the masses. It wasn't lost amongst all the other cards sent to me (as there were none). It sat all alone, waiting to tell me that somebody was thinking of me.
*And bawled only 3 times on my way home from the airport. I think that's pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you and Lover Boy had a good time!

And I got a card that made me cry for my bday one year. It was when I lived in Va. and missed everyone so much.

Anyway,
Leave it to grams divine intervention to know what you needed ;-)

xoxox