Saturday, September 15, 2007

Live, From GA it's Saturday Night!!!

It's Saturday Night, yay....and I'm blogging. I went out last night so I'm not completely socially inept. Going out two nights in a row is so not me. I need the second night to reflect on the "fun" I had the night before. I know I'm young and I should enjoy going out, but I just feel very out of my element when I'm at loud bars with a bunch of people I still barely know.

Last night I went out with Roomie R. We met up with two of her [square] guy friends for a bit while we waited for my fabulous new [gay] best mathematician friend J and his boyfriend. After about 20 minutes at the bar Roomie R's friends ditched us to smoke some awesome stogies and reflect on the terrible time they had with two hot ladies [fyi, that's Roomie R and me]. GFJ (gay-friend J) and I had made plans earlier in the day to celebrate the fact that we finished our homework 15 minutes before class started yesterday. Plus, it was our best work yet and we were proud so we slammed our drinks (mine: a dark beer, his: something mixed with Malibu Rum) and cheered. It was great. I had a boat-load of fun with all of them, but we called it a night around midnight because I was up until about 3 the night before.

Why was up so late? Oh, you know, just getting my nightly exercise rolling around in bed. That's probably why I have such a nice figure. Note: by rolling, I literally mean rolling...no funny business whatsoever [unfortunately]. Speaking of funny business...Loverboy's friends are visiting him this weekend. I'm happy that he's getting some time with the guys, but I am also very jealous of all of them. I'm jealous that he gets to be with old friends and I'm jealous of them for getting to spend so much time with him.

I did my best to not, for lack of a better word, bother him yesterday. I called him once when I got out of class and then before I went out around 10 pm. When he answered, he was clearly at a bar, and all he said was, "Hey, can I call you back later?" I said sure and that was it. Throughout the day, I sent him maybe two text messages, which received no response. No biggie. Then right before I went to bed around 1 am, I sent him one that read, "That was a great talk we had today. Have a good weekend." Ok, ok I probably should have let it slide, but I had a couple drinks in me and I was hurt. I know he rarely gets to be with his friends, but to not call me or respond to me all day and night hurt. He always calls me to tell me he loves me and to say good night, why didn't he last night? It's no secret to his friends that we're in love and that I'm so far away. There was no reason he couldn't slip away for 2 minutes to call me. So yeah, I was pissed.

He called me twice this morning, but I missed both of the calls. When I called him later in the afternoon he apologized right away and all was fine. Then he told me about the parts of the night that he remembered...I thought about worrying for a brief moment and then I remembered that all I can do is trust him. I know how I am when I go out with my friends so I can only hope that he treats the women that come on to him the same way I treat the guys that come on to me...like a happily taken woman...and sometimes a bitch. FYI, if you're a strange guy, don't touch me!

One of Loverboy's friends, Stefan, and his girlfriend recently went on a break. When Loverboy told me earlier this week, he was so outraged by the idea of a break. He thought it was the silliest thing a couple could do and he compared it to a separation between a married couple. I, on the other hand, did not have as strong of feelings about the idea, until...last night when him and the guys went out, Stefan kissed some girl. So, is a break just another way of saying let's try out other people and see if we like it and if not let's get back together? If that is the case, then why doesn't Stefan suck it up, be a man and tell her that he wants to break up? Yeah, it was her idea to start the break, but if he was any kind of man at all he should have said, "No, let's just finish this and break up." Instead, he's probably going to wait until she finally says it. How silly is that? Answer: Very!

1 comment:

Pokey Puppy said...

hahah.. this post was hilarious!! about the stefan thing.. a guys version of a break= lets go kiss/screw everyone untill i decide i want or dont want to get back together

a girls version=time to sit with my bitches and reflect on life and if its going where it needs to be.

power to your man.. think you got a good one