Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Pretend You Never Read This

While I made my usual rounds the blog-o-sphere, I was unexpectedly tagged by my lovely cousin at OneMomTwoBabies. In order to be un-tagged, I have to share 8 (?!?!?) of my most embarrassing moments. Here it goes:



1. Everyone has heard the song "It's Your Thing" but only few, namely my sister, have heard my rendition. Until my mid-teen years, whenever I heard the song, I would sing along in my head, no big deal...until one day I was feeling extra frisky and belted out the words along with radio or at least what I thought the words were...imagine my wonderful singing voice, full of passion calling out "PICTURE FRAME, do what you want to do..." Um, if anybody has a time machine please let me borrow it so I can tell my young self that picture frames cannot in fact do what they want to do...anyway, my sister was right there and she has yet to let me live that one down. I am not thankful that the song has been used for so many commercials.



2. Sometime during my middle school years, a large group of my girlfriends and I went to the theater to see "Hope Floats". If you have yet to see it (um, get with it!) it's a gut wrenching tale staring Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr. Somewhere around the saddest, quietest part of the movie, I accidentally tooted. Of course every one's heads turned to me, yet somehow I was able to play the noise off. I think I whispered something along the lines of, "What? Nooooo...um, it was my straw rubbing on the lid. Why are still looking at me? Watch the movie!"



3. The first time I met Loverboy's family the two of us stayed at his parents house for the weekend. We had been together for only around a month so I did not know ahead of time how close he is with his sisters. Yada, yada, yada I had a few drinks yada, yada, yada I end up in his bedroom crying on the bed while mumbling something about his sister hating me. Needless to say, he told her about my actions so she brought it up and rubbed it in for the rest of the weekend.



4. I peed in my (light pink stretch) pants once in the 4th grade.

5. During my last visit with Loverboy, he somehow caught sight of armpits and it just so happened that I had a couple of the LONGEST armpit hairs I have ever seen on a woman located at the highest point of my pit. Everything else was smooth...somehow I just missed those few hairs [for a few months].

6. I still sleep with my baby pillow. I believe my mom washed it once about 12 years ago.

7. Yesterday I wore a pair of underwear that is at least 6 years old.

8. Speaking of panties...in middle school I received a chain letter, I believe from the same cousin that tagged me, that asked that the recipient send a pair of panties to the person on the top of the mailing list (or something along those lines). Anyway, I mailed out a pair and then instead of mailing out the chain letter, I handed it out to a few of my girlfriends at school. It turned out that one of the girls lost hers in the hallway and it was eventually found by the vice principal. Both my name and my friend's were on the letter so we were called into the office by the vice principal. He ended up giving us this long lecture about the inappropriateness of the letter on school grounds...yada, yada, yada...but all I can remember was getting so embarrassed every time he said panties. Panties, panties, panties! That's the whole conversation in a nutshell. Ahhh I was mortified! But now, I think it was quite humorous.

The end. Bee, if you read this, then tag, you're it!

4 comments:

Bee said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I CAME TO WISH YOU HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME!!! :op

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

Pokey Puppy said...

omg.. LMFAO... ohhh i hadnt visited in awhile obviously.. You just had me peeing in my pants laughing so hard!! hehe.. arent unexpected tags the best!!

Bee said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Pokey Puppy said...

Okay seriosuly.. do i need to comment on here EVERY DAY till you get your but on here?? come on Georgia Niecy.. lets blog again!