Tuesday, October 2, 2007

How Many More of These do I Have to Take You Ask...

Test #1 down...I survived. It was a takehome test given to our class (ie 5 students) on Friday. It was not like the Yay Takehome Test Alright!! that we all loved in high school...wait did we get those in high school? I feel like I've been in school for so long that I cannot even correctly place when I did what. Anyway, it was a Son of a Bitch! No Books, No Notes, No Outside Sources Looong, Difficult Test. The rule was once we opened the [stapled closed] test, we could not open a book of any type, talk to anyone [or breathe] until we were done. I decided to take it in my office on Sunday morning [that was a lie. I decided to take it in the school library on Sunday morning, but apparently the school does not like students to study until 1 pm so I was forced to do it in my office]. When I finished I slid it under my professor's door and bolted out of the building.

We got our tests back today and I actually did better than I thought. After two days of picking out all of my mistakes in my head, I figured that I got somewhere around a 75. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the big, bold 77 on the top of the page!! To most, that would sound like a HORRIBLE score, but this is grad school bitches, my 77 was the second highest score [yes, out of 5 people, so what]! When I went to discuss the test with my professor, the best 4 [and a half, one was a contraction] words I've heard in months came out of his mouth, "You're really coming along." I needed that.

I have two more tests this week and then I am finally taking a break on Saturday. I finally caved and agreed to hang out with my fellow mathletes Saturday afternoon. I did not commit to staying for the night as I have yet to see what their idea of fun is. It's going to be tough for them to top my idea of a successful Saturday night...cleaning the house, calling Loverboy and passing out on the couch alone with an empty beer bottle [yes just one] on the coffee table in front of me.

I started running again last week. I'm [FINALLY] going to visit Loverboy in 22 days and I want to be physically fit just in case he happens to see my nakey. I'm slowly starting to realize that it's cheaper to produce my own energy through physical activity than buying Red Bull....slowly, I said. I found out today that one of the kids I've been tutoring transferred to another school and will not need me again until January. There goes my grocery money :( I wish that would have happened about 2 weeks ago. At that time I was getting emailed like crazy from students looking for tutors and silly me, I turned them down. I wonder if it would be weird for me to re-email them and ask if they are still looking. I'm going to do it if it is weird or not...I was just wondering, though.

Fun Fact [everybody take out a pen and paper and write this down]: A prime number greater than 1,000 digits long is called a TITANIC PRIME. To date there are approximately 5,000 certified [aka known] titanic primes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back. And thanks so much for the fun fact. The next time I'm at a cocktail party I will have something witty to say.

Oh, wait, I've never attended or been invited to a cocktail party. But know I have a reason to look forward to one!.

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Okay...the Grad school comment has to be the best ever ;-)

And that fact that you said Nakey....really really cracks me up :-D

xoxo